Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers
All Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) have modular design that allows for reuse of a broad array of existing modules that meet business requirements while maximizing investment protection, They offer:
- Agile Application Services,including the ability to host Cisco or multiple third-party applications on UCS-E Series server modules for mission-critical applications at the branch office, along with application delivery assurance services to support granular application visibility and control (AVC) that can prioritize and optimize all types of data, voice, and video applications
- WAN Connectivitythrough the industry's widest choices including T1/E1, T3/E3, 4G/LTE, xDSL, copper, and fiber Gigabit Ethernet
- WAN Optimizationwith support for router-integrated, on-demand WAN optimization and application acceleration through service modules
- Highly Integrated Securitywith a comprehensive suite of VPN technology with IPSec and SSL VPNs enhanced by onboard encryption acceleration and threat defense support through firewall and intrusion prevention system (IPS) options and further includes support for next-generation encryption and cloud-based security.
- Unified Communicationsthat support call processing and voicemail services and offer a high-quality analog and digital voice and video experience through on-board integrated digital signal processors (DSPs) and analog voice cards that support highly resilient call management that can overcome WAN service interruptions
- Medianetservices that deliver a more visual, social, and personal experience through video networking solutions for branch users and allow for control of media services through AVC.
- High Performancewith powerful and energy-efficient multicore processors, a multigigabit fabric, and high-performance services modules that can run multiple concurrent services offered in a scalable manner at high throughputs.